Disch-Haus, Cologne

Details
Share
Disch-Haus, Cologne

The Disch-Haus was built between 1928 and 1930 in Cologne according to plans by the architect Bruno Paul. Constructed as a hotel, it was preserved as an important example of ‘New Building’ and converted for its new purpose as a building for high-end retail and state-of-the-art offices. In close collaboration with the monument protection authorities, the striking curved Travertine facade was refurbished and the characteristic appearance of the windows restored through filigree frames.


Client: CRE Resolution GmbH represented by VA Nr. 1 Dischhaus GmbH
GFA: 13,900 m²
GV: 44,500m³
Start of construction: 09/2007
Completion: 04/2008
Interior Design: Manufactum: Landau + Kindlbacher
Photographer: Stefan Schilling

Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4